If you record a video using an iPhone, everybody knows how to make it slower. Today, it’s more convenient than ever to create slow-motion videos using the Slo-mo camera mode. However, when you need to speed things up, how do you go about it?
Many people have questions in the back of their minds about how to accelerate a video on an iPhone. Many don’t think it’s possible. It’s easy to do by using your iPhone. There are two distinct scenarios where you could require to speed up the speed of a video.
Slowing down or speeding up your videos can be an easy but efficient technique for editing videos to enhance the quality of your Video and make them more enjoyable to view. It was feasible to accomplish this in the past using advanced video editors. But today, you can accomplish this with your smartphone. In this article, we’ll discuss the top iOS and Android applications that can be used to accelerate or slow your videos swiftly and quickly.
Speed Up a Video Using iMovie on iPhone and iPad
Unfortunately, while the Photos app lets you speed up slow-motion videos, you can’t use it to speed up normal videos (24FPS/25FPS/30FPS/60FPS). That’s where Apple’s IMovie (install) application is in play; this application can speed regular videos to double their speed.
- Start iMovie on either your iPhone or iPad, and then click the “+” button to begin creating a new project.
- Choose the Movie option from the “New Project” screen. Then, click on the option Media in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Then, you tap Video and choose the folder where the Video is. If you’d like to improve your speed for a slow-motion video, you should select slow-mo as the folder.
- Select the Video you would like to edit, then tap on the “Create Movie” option that appears at the end of the screen.
- When your project is open within iMovie, you can tap the Video on the timeline to access editing tools. After that, tap the speed editor (it looks like an icon of a clock) on the right side of the screen.
Do you know how to increase the speed of a Slo-mo-style video on your iPhone within the Photos app?
- Start your Photos app and choose the Albums tab towards the bottom of the screen.
- The Albums tab scroll to the bottom to the Media Types section and tap Slo-mo.
- Select the Video you’d like to speed up, then press Edit in the upper-right corner.
- In the white-hatched line that runs beneath the timeline of the Video, move the two higher white vertical bars to eliminate the Slo-Mo effect and increase the speed of the Video.
Once you know the best way to speed up videos on your iPhone, it is possible to accomplish it without difficulty. Just follow the steps above, and it’s only a couple of seconds. Then, you can record your videos at speed you wish and edit the speed later on using an iPhone only.
This is how you can modify how fast you play your videos using your iPadOS/iOS device. As mentioned above, the stock photos apps and iMovie can meet the standard requirements. If you’re looking to alter the speed and have more control, third-party applications might be better suited to your requirements. Let us know what method you prefer, and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.