Because of the strong-colored food coloring used in creating hot Cheetos, the Cheetos are extremely difficult to get rid of. The available food coloring it’s a liquid, gel, or powdered form and is safe to use. However, it’s typically very strong and may cause discoloration to furniture, clothing, carpets, and furniture. All light-colored clothing can be damaged by hot Cheeto staining. Since the powder can set quickly, the stains are extremely difficult to get rid of.
The hot Cheetos tend to be difficult to take off from hands because of the usage of food coloring that is highly pigmented. Although food coloring is usually very strong, it can cause discoloration of clothing and other items of carpet and furniture. It is safe to apply it. Hot Cheeto staining can damage light-colored clothes. They can be difficult to get rid of because the powder sets quickly.
Cleaning off a brightly colored Hot Cheeto spill on the furniture or carpet is the same each time. Be careful not to pull the fabric beyond its shape, which could lead to future problems.
Baking soda is a good option to get rid of that hot Cheeto stain off your hands. After washing your hands apply baking soda to the areas that require it. Remember the baking soda’s bleaching and exfoliating properties.
It is good to know that getting rid of the spots is a straightforward procedure that is done by using common laundry items. Because food dyes and colorings are quickly evaporated, so proper cleaning is necessary to ensure that they are removed easily.
After you’ve eaten an entire packet of Hot Cheetos, your fingers will change to a reddish-orange color. Hot Cheetos could cause unattractive fingerprints on your hands.
How do you get rid of Hot Cheeto stains from your fingers?
Every time you bite into your hot Cheeto, You’ll see a change in the color of your fingers. Cheetos that are hot will leave a red-orange hue on your skin which appears awful.
Because of their color, they can be extremely difficult to remove. This is why it’s essential to take extra care when you are eating your favorite food items.
In addition to being cautious, you can still use these effective strategies to get rid of Cheeto staining off your fingers.
- The first thing you need to do following taking a bite of Hot Cheeto is to wet your hands first. Also, it would help if you washed your hands with water. Entire hands. Once you’ve finished, you can use plain water to wash your hands and remove the excess Cheetos.
- It is now possible to apply baking soda to your hands and fingers. It is a great exfoliator for your fingers and hands and gives it an excellent result when used. Be sure, however, that you don’t leave the product in your hands long period. Also, it would help if you determined whether it’s suitable for your skin.
- Nail polish removers or alcohol can also be applied to your hands when baking soda isn’t in your cupboard, or you’re not a fan of it. Rubbing alcohol works great, but nail polish removers may cause your skin to dry.
- Another option to consider is applying hydrogen peroxide. It can act as a mild bleach and be used on hands or fingers. Make sure to confirm that the product is safe for your particular skin. Apply the cream and rub it onto your hands for a few minutes.
- After rubbing, the stain will slowly come off. Clean hands using detergent and soap.
- Clean hands after washing.
Why Do Hot Cheetos Stain Your Fingers?
Cheetos are among the most sought-after snacks in the world. However, they’re also known for making your fingers smudge. If you’ve ever had hot Cheetos and had a taste, you’re aware of the issue.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re eating them hot or cold once you start chewing, the cheese-flavored corn puffs begin to leave an impression on your fingers and hands.
The answer lies in the components, which are cornmeal, flour, and chili peppers, mixed to form the classic Corn Chip shape.
Methods to remove Hot Cheeto stains on fabrics
If you love to take a bite of Cheetos as snacks, There are instances where they will get rolled on your clothing. If this happens, it’s essential to act quickly. Let’s look at the steps to remove Hot Cheeto stains from fabric.
- Place the stained area on the wrong side facing up, and then run water from the tap to wash the stain off the fabric. Shake any powder that remains before doing this.
- After washing the garment using water, rub it with a high-performance liquid detergent with enzymes that dissolve stains or apply an agent to remove the paint directly onto the stained area. Apply the stain remover by using your fingers or soft-bristled brushes. Set aside a minimum of 15 minutes before washing your garment as usual.
- When the Hot Cheeto stain lingers, make the necessary solution by mixing oxygen-based bleach with cool water. Follow the instructions on the packaging. Completely immerse the item and let it soak for 8 hours.
- After the stain is completely gone then, wash it as usual. If the stain persists, it is best to prepare a new solution using oxygen bleach and water and repeat the washing. Be aware that it may require several soaks to remove the stain. However, it will disappear eventually.
Baking Soda for Hot Cheeto Stains
Baking soda is a non-toxic cleaning product with various applications around the home. It is a great stain remover since it’s not toxic and is safe for animals and children. It is also cheap and easily accessible at the local supermarket or pharmacy.
Use baking soda directly on the stain and scrub with a sponge or brush until you are clean. Always test the solution with a small area before applying it to furniture or clothing to ensure you know how much pressure is required to get rid of any stain and not damage the item.